Sunday, September 7, 2008
Tangy Turkey and Swiss Sandwiches
Try this turkey sandwich recipe.... a great turkey sandwich !
* 3/4 cup chopped red onion
* 1 tablespoon dried thyme
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup coarse-grain brown mustard
* 8 slices country style French Bread
* 6 tablespoons butter, softened
* 1 pound thinly sliced roast turkey
* 8 slices tomato
* 8 slices Swiss cheese
1. In a small bowl, stir together the red onion, thyme, mayonnaise and mustard. Spread some of this mixture onto one side of each slice of bread. Spread butter onto the other side of the
slices of bread.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place 4 slices of the bread into the skillet with the butter side down. On each slice of bread, layer 1/4 of the sliced turkey, then 2 slices of tomato, and top with 2 slices of Swiss cheese. Place remaining slices of bread over the top with the butter side up. When the bottoms of the sandwiches are golden brown, flip over, and cook until golden on the other side. And the tangy turkey sandwich is ready to serve....nice and delicious sandwich ! enjoy it !