Sunday, September 7, 2008
Turkey Pot Pie
try this turkey recipe...a turkey pot pie.... a classic one !
* 1 recipe pastry for a (10 inch) double crust pie
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 1 small onion, minced
* 2 stalks celery, chopped
* 2 carrots, diced
* 3 tablespoons dried parsley
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 cubes chicken bouillon
* 2 cups water
* 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
* 1 1/2 cups cooked turkey, cubed
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Roll out bottom pie crust and place in the 10 inch pie pan and set aside.
2. Place 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion, celery, carrots, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until the vegetables are soft. Stir in the bouillon and water. Bring mixture to a boil. Stir in the potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in the turkey and flour. Add the milk, and heat through. Stir the turkey mixture into the vegetable mixture, and cook until thickened. Pour mixture into the unbaked pie shell. Roll out the top crust, and place on top of filling. Flute edges, and make 4 slits in the top crust to let out steam.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking for 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown....nice turkey pie to try...enjoy !