- 1-1/2 lbs diced, cooked turkey
- 3 medium turnips, peeled and diced
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 4 slices center cut bacon, diced
- 1/4 lb pork sausage
- 1 - 12 oz can Great Northern Beans
- 1 - 12 oz can chicken broth (low sodium preferred)
- 1 - tbsp dried Herbes De Provence (sage, thyme, rosemary)
- 2 - tbsp olive oil (may need 1 to 2 tbs. more)
In dutch oven or large heavy sauce pan, add olive oil, bacon and sausage and saute at medium heat until browned. Add turnips and onions and continue to saute until turnips are softened and onions are translucent. (You may need to add a drizzle of olive oil as the turnips will draw moisture)
After the turnips and onions are ready, stir in turkey, Great Northern Beans, and chicken broth as well as 24 oz. of water. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add Herbes De Provence and stir. Continue to simmer at low heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes.
The Turkey recipe is ready to serve 8 persons....hmm...nice one !